Project Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor | Kent | to £75,000 + package | Permanent
Work for a contractor passionate about community...
We are looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a main contractor with particular expertise in working on multi-million-pound planned refurbishment projects within the social housing and education sectors, creating lasting legacy in the projects they create.
The Quantity Surveyor will be working in a very friendly and supportive environment with a management team dedicated to developing their people to be the best and achieve objectives.
The role offers a solid basic salary with a car allowance, generous holiday allowance, healthcare and competitive pension offering.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of designated projects within the Division in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the company's legal and contractual obligations and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues.
- Managing a team of commercial staff
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
- Helping Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of commercial staff
- Experience running your own project between £5m and £10m in value
- Experience working for a Main Contractor on social housing planned refurbishment projects
- Proficient in Microsoft office particularly Excel and keen to extend knowledge on software packages
- Numerate to high standard, able to analyse data and produce costs and information for final accounts.
- Able to produce work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Basic legal/contractual knowledge
- Understanding of standard methods of measurement
- Valid driving licence
Grow your career with this exceptional contractor...
Apply now or call Kerry on 01442 767 808 for more information