Senior Quantity Surveyor | £65,000 - £75,000 | Residential Developer | Kent | Permanent
Industry Leader. Interesting projects. Great Career path.
One of the top tier developers in the South East, this impressive business is currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in Essex.
Having seen the designs for their current and future developments, I am genuinely excited about this opportunity, knowing the Senior Quantity Surveyor who secures this role is going to be working on some pretty special projects. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will initially become involved on a £100m estate regeneration project consisting of RC Frame Apartment blocks and traditional build housing in Essex.
A true investor in people, where progression, training, development and work life balance are par for the course, it is little wonder their staff retention is one of the best in the business.Naturally you can expect a good salary and package including a range of flexible benefits.
Some of your responsibilities:
- To supervise, manage and advise on the Financial and Contractual Aspects of multiple construction project across the division.
- Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
- Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
- Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes.
- Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
- Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
- Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
- Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract
- Ideally the successful candidate will ideally have experience within residential development, however due to the nature of his particular project, our client would be interested in Senior Surveyors from a main contracting background and built a mix of a schools and residential.
- Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures.
- Understanding of methods of measurement, standard forms of contract and reporting procedures, preparation of contractual claims.
- Ability to be a leader to the young Surveyors and provide a positive example to best practice.
Regenerate your career within this leading developer...
Apply now or call Harry @ Novo