Senior Quantity Surveyor | £65,000 - £75,000 + company car / allowance + bens + bonus | Residential Developer | Kent | Permanent
Interesting business with great personality seeks Senior Quantity Surveyor for multiple traditional build residential projects...
The residential market is really moving at the moment and consequently many of our key clients are currently recruiting for high calibre Senior Quantity Surveyors and this one is no exception.
Working on some fantastic traditional build developments in the Kent region, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be joining a business renowned for offering their people exceptional working conditions and the opportunity for growth and development. The post holder can expect to find themselves working for an industrious business creating high quality residential developments and enjoying what they do.On offer is a good basic, all the usual extra bits and a few more on top with their flexible benefits package.
Some of your responsibilities:
- To supervise, manage and advise on the Financial and Contractual aspects of multiple construction projects across the division
- Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings
- Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement
- Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes
- Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
- Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
- Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
- Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
- Ideally the successful candidate will ideally have experience within residential development, however due to the nature of his particular project, our client would be interested in Senior Surveyors from a main contracting background and built a mix of a schools and residential.
- Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures.
- Understanding of methods of measurement, standard forms of contract and reporting procedures, preparation of contractual claims.
- Ability to be a leader to the young Surveyors and provide a positive example to best practice.
Don't settle for second best. Join this company and lead from the front...
Apply now or contact Harry for more information.