Senior Buyer (Joinery) | £40,000 - £70,000 | Northern Home Counties | Fit Out & Interiors | Permanent
Money can't buy an opportunity like this, but your buying expertise will....
This specialist joinery and carpentry contractor is doing everything possible to have a Senior Buyer (ideally with joinery experience) in place for the New Year.
The Senior Buyer will become an integral part of this highly professional outfit, making a significant contribution to the ongoing and future success of the business.
With a well-deserved reputation for delivering exceptional projects within strict budgetary and time constraints, the Senior Buyer will be joining a business with outstanding pedigree in delivering on a range of projects to include high end residential, commercial, hotel, education and hospitality.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Agree targets and objectives with the management team
- Review current supply chain and make recommendations / changes for improvement
- Ultimately reduce procurement spend but ensure quality is not diminished
- Working on projects up to £20m in value taking in, doors, ironmongery, bespoke joinery, staircases, timber and wooden flooring and WCs
- Preparation for proposals and quotations
- Negotiation work in order to select and shortlist suppliers
- Comprehensive experience in a purchasing / buyer capacity, ideally within the fit out / joinery sector
- Solid knowledge of construction techniques, building and environmental standard and regulations
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to analyse data, solve problems and think on your feet
Join(ery) this high-quality business in time for 2020....
Apply now or call George Jackson or Ben Gatt for further details...