Senior Archaeologist | £30,000 - £35,000 | Essex | Residential / Heritage | Permanent
And now for something a little bit different…
This is no ordinary housebuilder. With a genuine passion and appreciation for architecture and heritage, this unique company has restored and re-purposed some of the UKs most unbelievable buildings which -without intervention – could well have been consigned to the history books.
As part of their work, they require a Senior Archaeologist to join their dedicated archaeology team with the ability to lead and supervise a team of archaeologists and provide technical support in the creation of their exquisite projects.
Senior Archaeologist – key responsibilities:
- Supervising teams of archaeologists and providing technical support
- Report writing
- Post-excavation co-ordination
- Conducting both evaluation and excavation
- Working on sites across the UK requiring the ability to work away from home when required
- Liaising with councils to ensure all Archaeology and pre-commencement conditions are signed off
- Lead the business in regards to archaeological obligations
Senior Archaeologist – qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of conducting both evaluation and excavation is essential
- Experience of working on large scale infrastructure projects would be highly desirable
- Proven experience of working in a variety of archaeological field methods, techniques and practices
- Vast knowledge of excavation techniques, ability to plan and draw sections, take levels, fill in context sheets and prepare WSI, reports and archiving for the council
- Ability to successfully work as a part of a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
For an experience and knowledgeable Senior Archaeologist, there won’t be many better roles around…
Apply now or contact Charles @ novo for more information.