Intermediate Design Engineer (Mechanical) | M&E (Building Services) | £30,000 - £45,000 | Birmingham
If you could design your perfect role, this could well be it
From humble roots as a family plumbing business to a multi-disciplinary building services contractor providing national coverage to multiple sectors including residential, hotel, leisure and commercial, this outstanding example of a business continues to lead the way in the building services sector.
An Intermediate Design Engineer with mechanical bias is now required to join their Birmingham office and upheld their fine reputation, working on exciting M&E projects from conception as part of their dedicated in-house design team.The Intermediate Design Engineer can expect to join a business with a strong commitment to its people and a preference of promoting within where possible. With a full suite of ongoing training for staff at all levels, it is little wonder staff retention isn't a problem for this business.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Carry out competent designs in accordance with guidelines and standards
- Carry out calculations in CYMAP
- Complete tender analysis forms as requested by the Design Manager
- Prepare drawings (CAD / Hand Drawn) to allow installation
- Assist with the training of apprentices
- Assist contract team during project installations
- Attend design meetings and acting on behalf of the company
- Identify design risks during the design process and escalating concerns
- Overall capabilities to produce and work with mechanical designs
- Ability to carry out calculations in CYMAP
- Solid understanding of mechanical systems
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to delegate where necessary
- Ability to understand tenders / projects
Do not miss out...
Apply today or call Michael on 01442 767 808 for more information