Estimator / Senior Estimator | Residential | £55000 - £75000 | London | Permanent
We spend an awful lot of time at work make sure you enjoy what you are doing.
Making a move to another company can sometimes be difficult, but it is far easier when you are joining a business like this. An Estimator / Senior Estimator is required to join a well-recognised housing business with a great reputation for building, refurbishing and maintaining homes across the UK.Working across new build residential projects around London and the Home Counties, the Estimator will need to live in commutable distance from Central London.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Monitor potential enquiries
- Build relationships with Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Competitors
- Maintain up-to-date market knowledge of labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
- Prepare & send out sub-contract & material enquiries using conquest enquiry system
- Where required produce accurate take-off using Conquest (if outsourced externally coordinate the information and ensure take off is complete)
- Manage, as directed, enquiries for labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
- Price bills/schedules analytically and produce quote comparisons using conquest estimating software
- Complete tender pricing for adjudication by the tender committee, including reporting on any risks or onerous conditions, providing a winning edge
- Assist in developing Company estimating library
- Check tender documentation
- Measure tender against Decision Analysis
- Inform Tender Committee on Contract Conditions
- Any other reasonable management request.
- New build residential experience in the London area.
- Currently working for a Contractor / Developer
- Experienced in putting together Build Costs and Land Appraisals for New Build schemes, (we do not undertake any refurb work, so new build experience is a must).
- Proficient in using Estimating software, i.e. Conquest, Causeway, Evaluate.
If residential estimating is your thing, give us a ring.
Apply now or call Kerry on 01442 767 808 for more information