Estimator | Buckinghamshire| £45,000-£60,000 | Residential | Permanent
Build your career with this regeneration specialist....
With a reputation for developing new homes and creating beautiful residential and mixed-use developments, this business is rapidly growing in both size and reputation.
An Estimator is now required to join their team and under the guidance of an exceptional Estimating Manager, prepare accurate cost planning on schemes at pre-construction stage, from land acquisition through to planning.
From herein, the Estimator will be required to carry out the more traditional aspects of the role in the style of a contractor estimator. An exciting pipeline of work, fantastic team and progression opportunities all exist for the right person who can step up to the plate.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Develop cost plans and supporting schedules
- Attend, participate in and contribute to team meetings around the plan/tender process
- Liaise with a range of colleagues and external consultants in consideration of the commercial effects of design proposals on cost plans
- Update and maintain cost knowledge bank and improve accuracy
- Ensure consistency at all times with regards to cost plans and tenders
- Identify key risk and opportunities during cost/tender planner
- Liaise with technical team to ensure full compliance with current building regulations and construction methodology
- Proven background of successful estimates / cost plans on a wide range of schemes
- Experience of a wide variety of construction methods
- Ability to interpret design information to provide accurate cost advice
- Firm understanding of site requirements and preliminaries allowances
- Understanding BCIS benchmark cost data
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
A great business needs great people.
Apply now or contact Billy on 01442 767808 for more information