Design Manager | £60,000 - £65,000 | Hertfordshire | Main Contractor | Permanent
Urgent need for a first-class Design Manager with education experience...
This thriving regional building contractor is currently looking for a Design Manager to join their Hertfordshire based team and work alongside an existing high-calibre Design Manager.
Whilst this contractor covers a range of sectors including heritage, commercial, healthcare and leisure, the majority of the design work for this role will be on the DfE Framework, covering 2 stage D&B school projects with values ranging from around £1m - £6m.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and proactive Design Manager to join a business that genuinely looks after their people and encourage progression.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Take a lead in all pre-construction design related elements of projects
- Assess build-a-bility and seek out design changes to save time and cost
- Manage external design partners to ensure timely flow of design information during the construction process
- Liaise with estimators and pre-construction teams to enable accurate and winning bids
- At least 5 years in a design management role within a building contractor environment
- Proven architectural background
- Energetic, passionate, innovative
- Experience of working on DfE projects would be extremely advantageous
- Schools / Education experience absolutely essential
- Ability to forge and develop new relationships with design consultants
- IT literate
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
We are looking to arrange interviews ASAP so please get your applications in!!
Apply now or call Jerome for more information.