Commercial Manager | £80,000 - £100,000 | North London | Residential | Permanent
Be part of a changing landscape in North London
I can throw all the cliches in the world at this job advert "exceptional opportunity", "fantastic career progression", "world class business" and they are probably all true but let's be honest, you've heard it all before.
So, let's tell it like it is and that is - we need a very good Commercial Manager to join a top top developer, who need no introduction, to work on what will probably be a very challenging but potentially very rewarding large regeneration scheme in North London.
The Commercial Manager will need to be a highly astute professional with bags of experience, as they will be largely taking financial responsibility for a project which will effectively create a new community in the region across the next decade with phases 1-2 already in motion and a further 3 stages to commence.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Managing a team of Surveyors on site, currently around 6 comprising Senior QS, Surveyors and Assistant Surveyors
- Working on completion of phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3 which is due to commence next year
- Ensure that costs are controlled across each phase of the project
- Monitor all contractual issues, review costs and identify potential cost saving opportunities
- Overseeing material and sub-contract procurement
- Review systems and processes in place and where necessary implement and develop improved systems
- Work collaboratively with a range of individuals including direct reports, other construction personnel, sub-contractors and clients
- Comprehensive commercial experience within a residential development environment
- Sound construction knowledge
- Proven background of delivering successful projects successfully and cost efficiently
- Genuine passion for construction
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Time to make a positive move....?
Apply now or call Bill for more information