Buyer| M&E | £25-45k + package | North London | Permanent
Buy your way to the top in this exciting procurement role
The Buyer will be joining an established building services contractor working on a portfolio of some of London's most prestigious projects covering sectors to include hotels, high end residential, industrial and commercial fast track fit out. With a highly professional, vibrant and focussed environment, the Buyer role is perfect for somebody looking for a long-term career path working alongside a high-quality team.
Technical knowledge of building services would be advantageous (even from a trades background) but broader construction knowledge would also be considered. To be considered for the higher salary banding, the Buyer would be expected to have all the requisite skillset and the ability to work autonomously.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Source materials and negotiate best price with Suppliers
- Input orders onto the IT system (RedSky) and issue to relevant suppliers and site teams.
- Expedite goods and materials.
- Updating of materials database and discount database.
- Promote an efficient and professional image of the business externally.
- Match and clear invoices for payment.
- Keep individually assigned trackers up to date.
- Update the IT system for all new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Cascade all new projects effectively to our supply chain partners.
- Update database with pricing and discounts.
- Where required, manage meetings with company approved suppliers.
- Ensure all copy orders are uploaded onto our Viewpoint IT system.
- Send supplier pre-qualification questionnaires to new suppliers and ensure these are approved by the relevant team members.
- Expedite documentation, invoices and information from the Supply Chain.
- Input accurate orders into company systems.
- Control documentation for supplier contracts.
- When required general administration duties, filing, photocopying.
- When required, assist estimating to receive quotations on time.
- Communicate and liaise with site to establish best buying practices.
- To assist with providing information for the monthly Procurement report.
You must have:
- 1-3 years' experience working as a Buyer or similar role in the construction/M&E industry
- IT Proficiency ideally with Procurement Software with minimum of Microsoft Office Word, Excel to at least intermediate standard.
- Prior Trades experience advantageous
If you want to learn from and work with the best, this role is for you.
Apply now or contact Michael on 01442 767 808 for more information